The beguiling Hiranandani township on one side, the extravagance Renaissance Inn on the other, and the far-reaching IIT Mumbai on one more off the shore is the means by which valued Powai Lake in Mumbai is.
It is a counterfeit lake in Powai. The region, which was Powai valley before, had little towns close to the banks of the lake. Be that as it may, today, Powai is one of the poshest neighborhoods of Mumbai.
Powai Lake Mumbai – All About Powai Lake (History, Entry Fee, Images & More)
The Powai lake draws in numerous transient birds. Birds of prey, kingfishers, and ducks are standard guests at the lake. The spot is hence famous among bird fans and photographic artists who love to catch those beautiful animals.
Powai Lake has crocodiles and fish as well. Yet, their sightings are an uncommon extravagance.
Neighborhood individuals love Powai Lake as a spot to go through some quality nights close to the waters and at the close by the garden. Watching the dusk there would be one more significant involvement with Mumbai for you, and that is without a doubt.
History of Powai Lake
The lake was shaped because of two dams based on the Mithi Stream in 1891. The design was to make a repository for giving water supply in Mumbai. In any case, water quality debased within a couple of years, and it was pronounced unfit for drinking.
Powai Lake then, at that point, went heavily influenced by Western India Fishing Association, to foster fish culture and calculating exercises. Maharashtra State Angling Association (MSAA), beginning around 1936, deals with the lake to clean and restore it.
The 1980 group of IIT Mumbai likewise stepped up at reestablishing the regular magnificence of the lake. Afterward, in 2002, Brihanmumbai Civil Company (BMC) executed the arrangement to restore and work on the lake.
What should be done at Powai Lake
- Watching the birds and creatures – The region encompassing Powai Lake is brimming with vegetation and elegant amber brambles, which draws in numerous honey bees and butterflies. Many birds likewise visit this tranquil lake. Kingfishers, spot-charged ducks, and pigeons are some of them. On certain days, you can likewise detect other Powai Lake birds like storks, herons, and hawks, among others. The lake likewise has many fishes and a couple of crocodiles. Aside from absorbing the perspectives at the lake, you can unwind and partake in the existence of the city in the neighboring nursery as well.
- Seeing the nightfall – Sea shores and ocean-confronting promenades aren’t the main spots to encounter the brilliant shades of the sky in Mumbai. You can do such at Powai Lake as well. Get a few broiled peanuts, throw some bhelpuri and partake in the snacks while clicking photographs of the sunset. Check along the asphalt for better vantage points.
- Strolling down the Nirvana Park – Nirvana Park is an enchanting park across the street from Powai Lake, inside the Hiranandani complex. Grass yards, lakes, and kids playing by the slides are among the principal things you’ll see as you enter. Wooden walkways, Asian-style lights, and small blossoms will get your eyes as well. Feel your strains disappearing as you loosen up there watching the exercises around or strolling among the green climate. The relieving emanation of Nirvana Park will keep you spellbound for a really long time. From tall trees to thick bushes, everything exists together close by the tall private pinnacles in the complex.
Powai Lake Mumbai Timings and Entry Fee
Powai Lake and Powai Nursery, both are open over the course of the day. Whether you need to get some cool natural air in the first part of the day or visit the spot with your children at night, it’s permitted. You might actually visit Powai Lake around evening time to watch the sparkling lights from the structures along its shore and around.
Passage to Powai Lake is free and you can invest as much energy as you need perceiving the birds or strolling along the cleared way. Take your camera along to catch the recollections of your Powai Lake visit.
Best Opportunity to visit Powai Lake
The temperature in Mumbai stays high during summer. Hence, the best opportunity to visit this lake is in winter, from November to February. The temperature is ideal during the stormy season as well. Be that as it may, in the event of heavy rainfall, the lake gets overwhelmed. Thus, staying away from Powai Lake during rain is ideal.
Plan your excursion throughout a colder time of year night and watch the sun setting against Mumbai’s horizon. Let the serenity of the spot do its enchantment.
Time to investigate Powai Lake
Nature lovers can go through hours at the Powai Lake excursion spot and the actual lake. One can likewise look at the Powai Dam after visiting the spot. Yet, in the event that you don’t want to do such, have basically an hour to spend partaking in the Powai Lake view.
You can likewise go inside the Hiranandani municipality region to invest some energy in restoring yourself at Nirvana Park. Hiranandani complex has numerous cafés and shopping fields as well, for you to peruse. In this way, plan appropriately.
Spots to visit close to Powai Lake
- Mumbai Film City – Your visit to Mumbai will not be finished without visiting the Film City. Here you get a look into everyday life in the background of the Hindi entertainment world – Bollywood. You will track down more than 10 studios in the Film City perplexing and different other prepared-to-shoot outside arrangements. Temples, gyms, and courses of action for shooting train arrangements are accessible here. Mumbai Film City is around 16 km away from Powai Lake. You could likewise get a live Hindi film shoot during your visit. Films in local dialects are likewise shot there.
- Chhota Kashmir Park – Chhota Kashmir Park is a little yet bright garden while heading to Mumbai Film City. It is in Aarey Province, around 9 km from Powai Lake. Rich green yards, trees, and fancy shrubs make the recreation area a well-known excursion spot during the weekends. Neighborhood individuals arrive at this spot with their loved ones to partake in some break together. Individuals accompany their children as well, at night. A small lake is likewise there to add magnificence to this green space and help individuals about the excellence to remember Kashmir valley.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park – This national park also is a famous picnic spot and a most loved place among untamed life and nature lovers. It offers various exercises like sailing, cycling, and nature journey. The plant life draws many birds and butterflies to this park. It is around 18 km from the lake. Sanjay Gandhi National Park likewise sorts out forest safaris in which you can investigate the changed greenery here. Deer, monkeys, and lions are a few creatures you can see during your safari.