Nariman Point – Manhattan of Mumbai, is a business center, and it frames a piece of the glorious horizon of Mumbai. You will discover probably the biggest corporate workplaces there and furthermore, excellent lodgings, cafés, and bars.
Nariman Point(Mumbai) – All You Need to Know About It Before Visit
Nariman Point is one of the must-visit vacation places in Mumbai as well. It is close to the southern finish of Marine Drive and gives the best perspective on the Middle Eastern Ocean. It has an energetic nightlife as well. Additionally, Nariman’s Point night view on Marine Drive is surprising to such an extent that Marine Drive has acquired the moniker Queen’s Necklace.
Aside from the global workplaces and lavish inns, the region is a well-known shopping locale as well. You can eat, shop and snap however many all-encompassing pictures in Nariman Point as you need.
History of Nariman Point
There was no such thing called Nariman Point until 1940, it was a piece of the ocean. Khursheed Nariman, a corporator in Bombay Municipal Corporation, proposed the plan to recover a few land and transform this spot into a business community it is today.
To finish the job, portions of the land were loaded up with trash and trash brought from everywhere in the city and around. Subsequently, concrete cement, and steel were utilized to build up the development. The authorities attempted more land recovery during the 1970s.
What should be done at Nariman Point
- Absorbing the awesome views – From Nariman Point to Marine Drive and then some, you get an all-encompassing perspective on the Middle Eastern Ocean alongside the piers and ships drifting around. Whether you need to go for long strolls, run or do yoga, Nariman Guide is a tranquil area to be your well-being place.
- Partaking in Mumbai’s nightlife – Nariman Point has a portion of the sumptuous lodgings and bars of Mumbai. It is possible that you can go through your night in an ocean-view room in the Spear or look at Leopold Bistro; the decision is yours. Watching the Queen’s Necklace in its full greatness is one more motivation to visit Nariman Point around evening time.
- Driving along the seafront – Renowned sea-facing promenade Marine Drive is a couple of meters from Nariman Point. What’s more, the drive along the ocean with a cool wind all over is something you shouldn’t miss. You can likewise go through hours staying there, while Mumbai races past you.
- Shopping in the arcades – The Manhattan of Mumbai likewise offers various choices for shopping. This region has shopping outlets for famous Indian and global brands. You can likewise go for a stroll in the Colaba market close by in the event that you’re partial to road shopping.
- Eating at the eateries – Nariman Point food has every one of the assortments you may search for to satisfy your taste buds. You can take a buffet at The Bay View or eat with live music at The Cheeky Spoon. Worldwide inexpensive food joints and eateries serving nearby Mumbai food are additionally there.
Best time to visit Nariman Point
Albeit the spot is great to visit any time and any season, visiting it between October and March would be ideal. Weather conditions are adequately agreeable to permit you to appreciate Nariman Point however much you need.
Additionally, plan your outing to Nariman Point during the night hours. Seeing the lights at Marine Drive around evening time from a high structure in Nariman Point is something you shouldn’t miss while you’re in Mumbai. That enchanting presentation of lights is the manner by which Marine Drive procured its epithet Queen’s Necklace.
Spots to visit close to Nariman Point
- Marine Drive – Marine Drive runs along the seafront and it comprises of a 3 km long walkway. This promenade gives an all-encompassing perspective on the Arabian Sea, and individuals come here for their morning and night strolls. Marine Drive is likewise a spot to spend time with companions and it gets more energetic by the night. Nariman Point and Marine Drive are a couple of meters separated and you should visit both spots.
- Jehangir Art Gallery – Jehangir Art Gallery is in Kala Ghoda, the craftsmanship area of Mumbai, 2 km away from Nariman Point. It was laid out in 1952 and has facilitated many presentations for painters, artists and photographers among others. This workmanship exhibition additionally showed works of famous craftsmen like M. F. Husain. Jehangir Craftsmanship Display conducts studios and numerous different projects, which makes it a must-visit for workmanship epicureans.
- Girgaon Chowpatty – Girgaon Chowpatty is a famous ocean side of the Marine Drive road, around 4 km away from Nariman Point. It doesn’t qualify as a spot for water sports, however, you can go through endless hours respecting the existence of Mumbai. Each day, local people visit this ocean side for comfortable walks, running practices, and furthermore yoga. Furthermore, it is additionally known for its road food slows down. From vada-pav to spicy chaat and bhelpuri, Girgaon Chowpatty has got all that you ought to taste while in Mumbai.
- Taraporewala Aquarium – It is the most seasoned fish aquarium in India and it lies along Marine Drive. Taraporewala Aquarium has beyond 400 types of fishes, which you can see from inside a long glass burrow. The presentation incorporates marine and freshwater fishes, turtles and snakes as well. The aquarium likewise keeps corals from Lakshadweep and uncommon shells. It is around 3 km away from Nariman Point.
- Gateway of India – This great stone curve is around 2 km from Nariman Point. The door of India stands confronting the Arabian Ocean, and it used to be the passage highlighting India. English assembled it to celebrate the main authority visit of Lord George V and Sovereign Mary. Today, it is a famous tourist spot in Mumbai and furthermore, the boarding point for ships and luxury boat visits around Mumbai.
How to Arrive at Nariman Point Mumbai?
Nariman Point is the business center and you can board a train to Churchgate neighborhood station to arrive at this spot. Then, at that point, you can take the BEST transport as well or flag down a taxi from any place in Mumbai for Nariman Point.
What’s more, the following are the different ways of arriving at Mumbai –
By Street – Mumbai is the business capital of India and appreciates solid street availability choices from the close by towns and far off urban communities. Normal transports employ from the adjoining urban communities Pune and Nashik and furthermore different spots similar to Ahmedabad. Most transports stop at the Mumbai Central Bus Depot, which is around 6 km away from Nariman Point.
By Rail – Being a famous traveler and business objective in India, Mumbai has daily trains from many corners of India. Chhatrapati Shivaji End (3 km away) and Mumbai Focal (7 km away) are the fundamental rail line stations of Mumbai. A few significant distance prepares likewise stop at one of the rural stations.