ISKCON was fundamentally shaped to spread Bhakti Yoga, a spiritual way as indicated by the Hindus through the sacred writings of Bhagwad Purana and Bhagwad Geeta. The fundamental goal is to satisfy Krishna, who is additionally viewed as the Supreme Lord, through our activities and words.
ISKCON Temple Kolkata – Sri Sri Radha Govinda Temple
ISKCON was at first just practices by individuals having a place with the Brahma Madhva Gaudiya Vaishnava Sampraday in the late sixteenth century. Nonetheless, the rationale behind the lessons and the feeling of quiet it provides for the aficionados has propelled many individuals to take up the practices and have solid and more joyful existences.
Celebrations at ISKCON Kolkata
- Janmashtami: This is the day Lord Krishna showed up in Vrindavan around quite a while back. One of the celebrations is praised with magnificence and excitement in the sanctuary. The celebration starts with a Mangal Aarti promptly in the first part of the day, and the sanctuary is run by devotees for darshan all as the day progressed. The festival incorporates singing Kirtans, and Bhajans and reciting the blessed name of Lord Krishna. The icons are flawlessly embellished with bright apparel and gems. An extraordinary contribution with 108 food things is extraordinarily ready for the Lord. A program with reflection tunes, social dance exhibitions, plays/shows, and talks is likewise organized. Free dinners are likewise served to the lovers as prasad.
- Ramnavami: Ramnavami is commended to recognize the presence of the King of Ayodhya, Lord Rama. The icons of Lord Krishna and Balram are improved to look like Lord Rama and Lakshmana with bows and bolts in their grasp, and Goddess Radha is dressed to seem to be Goddess Sita. The Ramayana is likewise described on this promising day.
- Radhashtami: This celebration is praised in the distinction of the best aficionado of Lord Krishna, the Queen of Vrindavan, and the Supreme Goddess, Goddess Radha. Enthusiasts offer supplications, blossoms, and festoons to the Goddess and request Bhakti and a chance to serve the Lord and the Goddess through their prayers.
- Chandan Yatra: Chandan Yatra is commended in the late spring season in India. During the celebration, the symbols of the gods are shrouded in a glue of sandalwood for 21 days to safeguard them from the searing summer heat. The divinities are then taken on a parade to the sanctuary lake where they are put in a boat. Numerous devotees perform homas, offer sandalwood, blossoms, and laurels to the divinities, serenade mantras, and proposition grain in the sacrosanct fire. Food things arranged with grain are viewed as propitious to be devoured. It takes around 100 kilograms of sandalwood to set up the glue that is utilized to cover the divinities.
- Jhulan Yatra: Jhulan Yatra is additionally called the swing celebration. At ISKCON, the celebration is praised for five days in the Hindu month of Shravan. The icons of Radha and Krishna are put on a perfectly embellished swing reflecting the comfortable and heartfelt times Lord Krishna enjoyed with Goddess Radha in Vrindavan during the rainstorm season. The celebration additionally incorporates Bhajans, and Kirtanas, and the fans offer wreaths, and blossoms to the god, and dance eagerly to the profound beats of the mridangam and the karatalas.
- Kartik Masa: Kartik Masa is a promising month on the Hindu schedule. It covers October and November and is otherwise called Damodar Masa. Devotees serenade mantras of Lord Krishna, light ghee lights, offer blossoms, and products of the soil, love the Tulasi Plant and give earnestly during this month. These demonstrations of commitment and generosity are said to tremendously satisfy the Lord.
- Geeta Jayanti: Geeta Jayanti is praised to recognize the day Lord Krishna expressed the Bhagwad Geeta to Arjuna. It denotes a significant day as Krishna Consciousness depends on the lessons of the Bhagwad Geeta. It is commended on the eleventh day of the Hindu month of Margashirsha or on Shukla Ekadashi.
ISKCON Guest House
ISKCON Guest House gives convenience at reasonable rates to all enthusiasts who wish to visit the city to partake or offer supplications at the sanctuary. The rooms are all around kept up with and clean. The Guest House additionally gives basic yet healthy vegan food and fundamental offices. It is found extremely near the sanctuary; consequently, the lovers won’t miss a single aarti and can submerge themselves in the bhajans and kirtans being sung at the sanctuary from their room itself. Devotees can book their rooms online by means of the authority site or email them or call to make the appointments.
Govinda Restaurant, likewise referred to affectionately as Govinda’s, is an eatery that serves scrumptious vegan food close to ISKCON Temple and ISKCON House. Breakfast is served from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, lunch from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM, evening snacks are served from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, and Dinner from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. The modest stylistic layout of the café and the assortment of mouth-watering veggie lover dishes they serve draw certain individuals. They likewise have a sweet shop/bread kitchen to serve delectable desserts made under sterile circumstances with care and love. A portion of the popular food things here is Rasmalai, Chanar Payesh, Hyderabadi Veg Biryani, Traditional Vegetarian Thali, Sandesh, Rasgulla, Paneer Makhni, and stuffed Kuchas.
Tours By ISKCON Kolkata
- Mayapur Tour: Mayapur is a significant profound vacation spot in India which is the country of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu who began the popular Hare Krishna development. It is a quiet area set on an island which is named Antardweep, around 130 kilometers from the downtown area. This profound vacation spot has ISKCON Mayapur grounds with numerous splendid engineering structures. ISKCON Kolkata coordinates a one-day visit to Gangasagar and back to Mayapur. The Package costs roughly INR 5000 for every head, and travelers get to observe the Gangasagar Sangam, offer petitions and scrub down in the sacred waters. ISKCON Kolkata likewise works AC and Non-AC transport services to Mayapur on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Travelers can decide to return that very day or decide to remain at Mayapur.
- Kolkata Tour: ISKCON Kolkata Tour has been planned with the aim to permit fans to impart recollections of Srila Prabhupada. The visits are directed and incorporate every one of the areas connected with Prabhupada throughout his lifetime. It incorporates a visit to the Kolkata Dham where Srila Prabhupada resided for the majority of his life in Kolkata. Pioneers can see the Jackfruit tree Srila Prabhupada was born in, his school, Motilal Seal School, and Scottish Church College, the school he concentrated in. A piece of the Kolkata Dham darshan likewise incorporates the Radha Govind Mandir that was consistently visited by Srila Prabhupada, Ultadanga Junction Road where he met Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur, and the Khidderpore Dock from where he left for America. Appointments can be made at ISKCON Kolkata or on their authority site.
Instructions to Reach ISKCON Kolkata
ISKCON Kolkata is around 5 kilometers from the downtown area. Transports and taxicabs are effectively accessible to arrive at the fascination by means of Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Street and Camac Street. One needs to take Surya Sen Street to get to Mahatma Gandhi street. From that point, move towards Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road till Shakespeare Sarani Street in Mullick Bazar. Then, at that point, go left to get onto Camac Street. Around 150 meters ahead, go left onto Albert Road. ISKCON sanctuary is situated around 150 meters from the turn.