Girgaon Chowpatty (or Girgaum Chowpatty) is a curious beach in the southern piece of Mumbai. Known generally for its road food, Girgaon Chowpatty isn’t extremely famous for sunbathing or other water exercises.
In the first part of the day, you’ll find local people doing yoga, going for a mitigating walk, or working out for their well-being in this extended length of white sand. As the day passes and night looks in, Girgaon Chowpatty’s sea face is rushed with travelers and road food merchants.
Girgaon Chowpatty(Mumbai) – All You Need to Know About It Before Visit
Girgaon Chowpatty is one of the most packed vacation destinations in Mumbai. What’s more, local people too regular this spot with loved ones following a tiring day at work.
You can watch the dusk and partake in plenty of Mumbai road food and fast food. From cooked peanuts to hot chaat and mouth-watering bhelpuri to steaming hot pav-bhaji, Girgaon Chowpatty road food merchants serve them all. Chowpatty Beach likewise goes about as a phase for diversion. Performers and road craftsmen keep you engaged while you loosen up following a day-long experience in Mumbai.
The beach is likewise a prominent shooting spot and you could luck out to get an opportunity to experience with big names. You can’t skip Chowpatty to encounter Mumbai.
What should be done at Girgaon Chowpatty Mumbai
- Watching the sunset from a distance – Numerous neighborhood individuals go to Chowpatty beach to sit and unwind. It isn’t one of the quiet vacation locations yet has its very own appeal. Lease a mat from one of the sellers and partake in the breeze, while savoring popcorn and cotton confections. Watch the sun sink into the Arabian Sea. You can likewise choose an outside rub, known as maalish locally.
- Enjoying fun exercises – Like Mumbai, Girgaon Chowpatty won’t ever rest. Whenever you go, you’ll view yourself as a component of a fair. Awaken the kid inside and you can live it up at Chowpatty. Dealers of brilliant inflatables and toys meander around the beach. The beach additionally has ferry wheels, carousels, and shooting galleries.
- Going for a ride on ponies and camels – If you would rather not walk or partake in no particular fun activities, you can employ a pony or camel and cover the length of the beach. Watch individuals of Mumbai very still, reviving following a rushed day at work. You will likewise see kids making their dream palaces out of fine white sand.
- Getting enchanted by road artists – Chowpatty beach is a field for road-style amusement. While monkeys dance at their mentors’ directions, snakes submit to the sets of their proprietors. Individuals likewise partake in the shows set up by entertainers and spiritualists. The road food merchants likewise show their entrancing specialty of cooking at work.
- Dunking your taste buds in road food – Aside from the unending chat of the guests and merchants, road food vendors likewise holler over and over. Bhelpuri, pav-bhaji, and barf gola sold at Chowpatty are adored by quite a few people. Girgaon Chowpatty food slows down additionally have chaat, chana masala, and milk kulfi among other nearby snacks of Mumbai.
- Driving along the seafront – Girgaon Chowpatty lies along the famous Marine Drive promenade. Furthermore, the drive along the ocean with cool breezes blowing on the face will be an essential encounter for the years to come. You can likewise stroll along, catching the scenes through your lenses.
Best Opportunity to Visit Girgaon Chowpatty Mumbai
You can get an unhindered perspective on Girgaon Chowpatty beach in the first part of the day when a couple is there for their morning runs and yoga asanas. Yet, during the remainder of the day, it hums with individuals. Nonetheless, those jam-pressed night hours show the excitement of Mumbai at its ideal. Months between October and March are reasonable for an agreeable outing to this beach.
Additionally, the celebrations of Ganesh Chaturthi and Dussehra occur around September-November. Be there if you have any desire to observe the tumult at Girgaon Chowpatty during visarjan. Girgaon Chowpatty Ravan Dahan and Ramlila occasions are likewise worth watching.
Timings and Entry Fees of Girgaon Chowpatty Mumbai
Mumbai never dozes and similar turn out as expected for Chowpatty. The beach is open 24 hours per day and 365 days every year. Also, you won’t ever think that it is unfilled. Take a space in a peaceful corner and watch the existence of Mumbai going by at its speed. You need to pay no entry fee or camera charge.
Spots to visit close to Girgaon Chowpatty Mumbai
- ISKCON Temple – ISKCON Temple in Mumbai is kept up with by the worldwide ISKCON association. It is additionally famous as Bunny Rama Rabbit Krishna Temple and is arranged around 20 km away from Chowpatty beach. This Hindu organization spreads the illustrations of the Bhagwad Gita and the enthusiasts come here to love the divinities of Gaura-Nitai, Radha Rasabihari, and Sita-Ram among others. The whole design is made of white marble and the walls are finished with delightful compositions. Aside from various petition and teaching corridors, Mumbai’s ISKCON Temple has a library and a café serving heavenly food.
- Marine Drive – This 3 km long ocean-facing promenade interfaces Nariman Highlight Malabar Hill. Also, Girgaon Chowpatty falls on the way. Marine Drive gives a continuous perspective on the Arabian Sea and local people successive this spot to watch the nightfall. Aside from getting entranced by the perspectives, you can go for strolls during the morning or night. The food sweethearts can likewise really take a look at nearby Mumbai food in one of the numerous cafés on the opposite roadside.
- Taraporewala Aquarium – Taraporewala Aquarium is the most established fish aquarium in India. It has more than 400 types of marine and freshwater fish in a long glass burrow. The structure likewise has a huge glass tank to put looks for the show. Other than fishes, the aquarium has protected corals and interesting shells. Turtles, snakes, and stingrays are other sea-going creatures that you can see behind the glass walls. This aquarium is arranged a couple of meters from Chowpatty, on Marine Drive.
- Hanging Gardens – Hanging Gardens is a vast green space close to Girgaon. It is around 4 km away from the beach and offers a peaceful spot for yoga, meditation and exercises.
Alongside its plant life and flawlessly cut fences, the colossal ‘Boot House’ also draws in children and grown-ups the same. It is a playhouse made into the plan of a boot, and youngsters love to get inside and move to the top. Hanging Gardens likewise offers a tremendous perspective on the Arabian Sea and is a well-suited place of interest for photography lovers.