Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary is arranged in the Sanguem locale of Goa, around 70 km away from the primary city. It covers an all-out area of 240 square kilometers, out of which 170 square kilometers are committed to the Mollem National Park worked at the center of the sanctuary.
Situated in the Western Ghats, this green zone comprises damp deciduous and tropical evergreen woods that make a supporting living space for different jeopardized types of flora and fauna. As a matter of fact, the tallest waterfall called the Dudhsagar waterfall, raised at a level of 107 feet exists in the sanctuary and draws in numerous avian fauna that supports the water.
Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary – History, Ticket Price, Safari & Other Information
This isn’t just a safe house for jeopardized plant and creature species yet additionally butterflies, reptiles, and plants. The sanctuary imparts its eastern lines to Karnataka and occupies different assortments of greenery, including carnivores like tigers, dark panthers, and leopards. Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary is situated on the Panjim Belgaum Road, thus it is entirely expected for voyagers to experience creatures on the way to Panjim. They might go over elephants, gaurs, deer, or panthers. It is prudent to drive at the very least speed on this street.
Inside the sanctuary, there aren’t just safaris that assist you with meandering, yet in addition in-constructed traveling and climbing trails with guides having a top to bottom information on the territory, creatures, and plants living in every space.
History of Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary
Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary lives in South Goa and was worked to safeguard the advanced untamed life around the Western Ghats. Prior, it was alluded to as the Mollem Game Sanctuary yet got its title of being an untamed life sanctuary by the experts in Goa in the year 1969. It was renamed Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary around the same time.
The sanctuary covers a rambling area of 240 square kilometers. Nonetheless, the center of the sanctuary where a rich variety of flora and fauna was proclaimed a public park in the year 1978. The region includes a sum of 107 square kilometers of the whole sanctuary and is famously known as the Mollem National Park. Presently, it draws in a few sightseers because of its safari undertakings.
Flora and Fauna at Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary
The biodiversity of Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary covers an enormous land with fascinating and bona fide flora and fauna living in it. Here is a definite depiction of the species that you can experience during your safari stay:
The timberlands here are encircled by the flawless vegetative trees of West Coast tropical evergreen woodlands, West Coast semi-evergreen backwoods, and deciduous forests. The essential types of vegetation found here are Dalbergia (wood trees), Terminalia Xylia and Lagerstroemia (crepe myrtle). There are more than 128 plant species and 722 blossom species sprouting inside the outskirts of the sanctuary.
One can without much of a stretch spot different creatures like sambar, deer, hoard, spotted deer, barking deer, and mouse deer. The carnivores possessing these timberlands incorporate tigers, jaguars, jungle cats, wilderness felines, and toddy felines.
Places you shouldn’t Miss
Aside from the rich biodiversity at Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary, numerous vacationers are drawn to the appeal of nature as a result of the spots lying around it. Here is a rundown of probably the most beautiful spots around the sanctuary:
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls– Dudhsagar waterfalls are the tallest cascade in Goa, laid out at the level of 107 feet. Because of the milk-like appearance of the falls, they got the name ‘Dushsage,’ and that signifies ‘Ocean of Milk.’
- Tambdi Falls– Tambdi falls draws in adventurers with its engaging excellence. The rough territory adds even more to the bold excursion. Because of its perilous territory, just the extremely brave-hearted take on this endeavor.
- Devil’s Canyon– Colloquially alluded to as the ‘Devcharacho Kond,’ this heavenly gorge is a piece of the sanctuary, and presently draws in numerous vacationers because of the fantasy and legend made around it. The canyon is parted into two by an enormous rock framing a hypnotizing view for the travelers. There have been a few carnivorous animals seen in this space like panthers and dark jaguars, so watch out.
- Tambdi Surla Temple– Tambdi Surla Temple endured everyday hardship after its development in the twelfth century. It is devoted to the Hindu Lord Shiva, likewise called Lord Mahadev. This humble sanctuary is situated in the northern area of the natural life sanctuary. The sanctuary is frequently visited for its pleasant architectural styles, including the Ashokan-styled lotus cut on walls and pillars.
- Cotiago Wildlife Sanctuary– If you have any desire to investigate more natural life, particularly winds, in the southern locale of Goa, then, at that point, Cotiago Wildlife Sanctuary ought to be your optimal spot. It isn’t hands-down the second biggest sanctuary in Goa, after Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary yet additionally the most seasoned of the sanctuary and was laid out in 1968. It occupies a huge scope of biodiversity of vegetation inside its outskirts including gazelles, sloth bears, snakes, four-horned antelopes, and brilliant dark floating snakes.
- Eco-the travel sanctuary-The eco-the travel industry wing dwelling inside the sanctuary has a thorough assortment of information about vegetation, fauna, history, and the underpinning of the untamed life sanctuary. These collectibles capture the attention of nature lovers who visit the recreation area.
Step-by-step instructions to Reach
From Panaji: Panaji has situated a distance of 70 km from the Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary. This distance can undoubtedly be covered through employed vehicles or cabs. In the event that you are in the mindset for a bicycle trip, there are a few shops that lease mopeds, bikes, and bicycles with a store rate. You can likewise get transport from the Panaji Bus Stand to the Kullem area.
From Dabolim Goa International Airport: The Dabolim Goa International Airport is 65 – 70 km away from Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary. The street connectivity between Mollem, a town around 6 km from the sanctuary, and the air terminal is fantastic and can be covered by means of recruited taxis or leased vehicles.
Best Time To Visit
The best opportunity to visit the Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary is from November to March. This is the post-monsoon or winter season in Goa. The rains have delivered the environmental factors clean, and the majority of the creatures emerge from their niches and corners after the showers to fabricate settles once more or track down new homes. This makes spotting natural life simpler. Other than that, the sun is delicate on the skin, and the temperature goes from 18 – 23 degrees Celsius, hence making the environment amicable.
- Area: Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary, Sanguem region, South Goa
- Safari Price: One can investigate the widely varied vegetation at Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary through safari endeavors for an expense of INR 150 for each individual.
- Safari Timings: The safari is open on the entire day of the week from 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
- Entry Fee: Adults are charged INR 20 as a section expense while children are charged INR 10.
- Sorts of Safaris: There is just a jeep safari that brings travelers into the sanctuary to investigate the different verdure occupying the woods.